Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2020




A morbid new world scene

Commonly seen from my far off perch


I search that corrupt and polluted skyline


A lingering cast of yellow seems so toxic and profane


A dissolute nether world has me in a panicked lurch


Screeching I think of my pristine domain


Sacred mountain peaks and glaciers build my church


Those foreign towering cities tainting my resolute view


Archenemy skyscrapers breaching the old and new


Spineless erections reaching for the hallowed stars


Rows of heartless tombstones malign every parched big city outline


Stark monuments that refuse to honour anyone but an elitist few


A stinking current atmosphere I cannot help but rue


Creation of a stuck and overt population 


An over abundance of reeking trucks and cars


Yet modern science yearns to propel a man to Mars


More degradation by so much unsightly human pollution


A modern resolution that obscures the beauty of the stars




No comments: