Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2020






Cinders
Have replaced my ashen soul
Regret
Has left a gaping hole
My ashen face
Is lined by neglect
Turmoil
Has tracked me here
Madness
Has followed me
Tracing its reflective toll
Alongside bold instinctive fear
All my failures
I can't forget

i wake up
Drowning
In a pool of tears
I know
I'm lost
Rendered 

By all my fears
If only
I were merely bent
The moon and stars
Might care
Perhaps
I'd wake

One day
To find you there
When love
Left me stranded here
I knew
I was abandoned and done
I knew
I was a random being
Devoured
By the blazing sun

Love
Has thrown me
Down
This deep well
Love
Rejected me
In my secret dell
As well
Swell love
Has rolled me
Over
So many telling times
It's left insistent
Resistant creases
Love infinitely decreased
Has torn me up
Into a million lost

And tiny pieces



No comments: