Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2020




I've been on pins and needles
Wond'ring if all these questionable terms
Are causing how skeptical this all feels
Or is it all those lousy memories of hers
Feeding this bonfire she's started under my bed
Or is it just all those rousing things she's said
Making me squirm like a worm
Roasting in the boastful sun
I feel like I'm writhing
Inside my exploding head
I feel like my brain's eroding
As parts of me wash away
I want to up and run
There's a loaded gun
In my trembling hand
Her finger's on the hair trigger
I wonder what her mind really figures
I keep thinking she wants to scream
When I take a stand
When all my remarkable mem'ries surface
As my harsh thoughts
And harmful words
Repaint the world
Rewriting every story
Remolding this ice age land
There's a glacier
Grinding through this quaint ancient valley
Every rock and pebble
Recounted in the final tally
Every drop of freezing water
Weighed as it washes through my hands


Forever has come and gone again
Each of our dreams has risen
Then crashed together
I wonder if anyone listens

Harried by this wicked storm
That's so quickly arisen
Tearing us apart
As our respectful feelings
Are smashed by this stormy weather

Dashed like a dying bird
Plucked of all its colourful feathers

What once was beauty
And so iridescent
Is now so dark and grey
So unpleasant
Because of age-old words
I've spoken
Because a bright-eyed Shaman
Has deciphered the bones

We have tossed
Because a sleeping demon

Suddenly woke and has arisen
Causing the uneasy earth itself
To move beneath our unsteady feet

In our anxious houses
Igniting fires
Causing this frightful blaze
Razing us in our full attire

Our world's burning
What a dreadful cost
I  turn around three times
Thinking each time
That what we had is surely lost
As the stars fall down
Around our feet
As flames devour our flammable words
We speak each and every time
Making us twirl
Swirl and dance
That cursed dance of death
Departing we roil
Boiling in this stew we've made
Making us twist and turn
Where we are restless

Alongside open graves
Where our darkest mem'ries
Are quietly laid.

If only we had some faith
For goodness sake
If only our hopes and dreams
Could be good and real
And not just fake
If only the brilliant sun would shine
Upon this dark and drastic place
If only redemption
Could remake
All this cold and hurtful disgrace
If only truth and beauty
Could place a smile
Upon this sad and sorrowful face.

There are so many wicked houses
That need burning down
There are so many wicked demons
That I've found
Forgiveness escapes me
As I kindle each fire
I've tossed my burning heart
Into the flames that make me
Confess my wicked sins and attire
Love has torn me apart
Bit by bit
Love has left me in pieces

Cursed by all my wicked fits.



No comments: