Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2020




I had traveled
A long ways
Just to see you
In that dream filled haze
I found myself
Floating in a cold sea
I found it hard to think
I was in a foggy daze
Some how the miles
Had chased me
Into a liquid storm
All those reckless styles
Seemed so alien to me
All that dreamy while
All the purchased clouds
Roaring through the purple sky
Appeared to mock me
Still birds sang sweetly
Over Assisi
That marble fount in Italy
No matter how hard I tried
Divinity couldn't see me
Awash in that turbulent sea
That storm raged on
With flagrant vitality
Down in the valley
Where peace once lived
The Devil had reappeared
Talking about resonance
And viral etiquette
Some spatial theory
Concerning nature and romance
Where the traveler
Is the carnal problem
Virile estimates
Where the storm
Is the dream
Together the world
And all the planets
Orbit a violent sun
Love and peace
Are merely human dreams
Nature craves no love it seems
Existence is not meant to be fun
Traveling to see you
I died to see the truth
Ruthless love
Is not peaceful
Pacific relationships are few
Think of specific stars
Let them lull you to sleep
Think of your dear mother's arms
Let her hold you close
Dream about all this earthly pain
Let that pain remind you of your family's house
Where travelers came and went
As storms raged on
Those particular ones
Love and peace sent
Like the melting permafrost
All that reckless energy
Has permeated my soul
Regeneration is what I finally seek
Something from omniscient God
Something to once again make us whole




No comments: