Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2020




My soul is alluvial
Deposited here by God
All the waves of the ocean
Cannot wash me from this place
I'm faced with daily challenges
Some days are so stormy
I wonder how I survive
But with each sunrise
I am revived
Allowing me to strive
And bear witness
To every earthquake
Every tsunami
If only I am standing in the right place
At the right time
Otherwise
Cosmos swallows us whole
Making us realize
We are but flesh and blood
Bones that cannot stand alone
Water and light
Without those we are lost
Forgotten by time
Like the earth
Without water and light
Becomes but a barren rock
Spinning through macrocosm
Like a forgotten flock of ghostly swans
Never to be seen by anyone
Never to behold beauty
Bounty on every shore
Once more
Heaven draws near
And we become poetry and song
The sky above
With all its warnings
Sounding out coming fears
Just can't be wrong
But still
This is where we belong
This place
Where we all belong




No comments: