Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2020






Don't talk about lychee nuts
Don't speak about chicken wings
Those things have been my downfall
Why was I so weak
Amongst those other sinful things
If the moon came down to earth
It would follow me
Haunt me til the day I die

Let me alone
Don't expect me to be true
I will always let you down
For I have fallen to the ground
Repenting because of pilfered lychee nuts 

Those stolen chicken wings
My heart is heavy
When I am reminded about those things

I feel ashamed that I've been such a failure
Chewing on someone else's lychee nut
For devouring some other person's chicken wing
Amongst so many other things
If the stars fell down to earth
They would find me
I am sure
Burn me to the bone
Self-immolation would be of no concern
Those giant orbs of cosmic energy
Would incinerate my wanting soul

If God hears these rumours
About my filth and transgressions
He would order a hitman
To find me and kill me
For all those evil moments
When I pilfered someone else's lychee nut
When I not so secretly swiped
Someone else's chicken wing
Self destruction
Has always been one of those things
In my bag of possibilities

I don't rely on myself
I've found I can't be trusted
I am not true
I've choked on lychee nuts
And chicken wings
They've brought me down
Down and down
To this base place
Where lies can't live
Where secrets can't exist
Because I wear my guilt
Upon my frayed imperfect sleeve
For I am imperfect
In every way

But before I leave
This earthly life
Before I close my eyes
One last time
I must admit my guilt
I must tell you how I've felt
Before God finds me
And brings me to my knees

Kneeling here grieving
While the world around me burns
Before I forever leave





No comments: