Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2020



I wake
Recognizing myself in this massive crowd
I try to find my centre
But the noise is so very loud
I'm distracted
I don't feel good or proud
I'm infected
Neglect and night separated me
Hiding within a mystical cloud
I want to dissect myself
Find out why I can't progress
I need to test myself
To see if I can escape this crazy mess
My arms are a thousand miles long
But I can't ever reach the edge
My vertical self is like a song
Making me leap from a precarious ledge
Faith won't save me
Life tells me I've been wrong
Religion won't have me
Because I live beside a tribal billabong
The sun wants to burn me
The moon yearns to turn me
Into solid rock
But I still balk
Wanting to roar and crow
All my morning exultation
Evening prayers in a neat row
Afternoon heart and a crowing cock
The colour of the blowing wind
Tells me everything I need to know
Still I can't clearly see
No wise old crow or judicious talk




No comments: