Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2022


 

this wretched skin
it holds me in
I'm imprisoned
something in my head
keeps telling me
I must break out
something in my mind
keeps reminding me
I must hold it all in
all these clustered thoughts
mustering space
driving me closer
to the viral edge
one spiral day
every moral word
I think
some night
those dreaming streams
where I kneel
bow down to drink
suddenly the earth
beneath my feet
virtually opens up
a vast gap
lastly drags me down
deep into some profound pit
my crazed mind
sarcastically omits
that searing fiery part
right from the start
I know it's all true
this earth is green
above us
the sky is blue
my soul is burning
my heart is yearning
right from the start
I know it's you
I'm searching for an answer
wondering where bliss lives
I've climbed Rapunzel's bower
wanting to uncage that song bird she keeps
once I'd climbed that tower
I was captured by Rapunzel's mirror
as I stood still and stared
my reflection troubled me
I stood there
fully feathered and aware
plumed by rays of venerable light
breathing in both day and night
swallowing all that veneration
in that adoring moment
I gathered up every part of me
envisioning my life retrospectively
if a sacred dream visits me
telling me I must not weep
patiently reminding me
eventually my scattered mind
will grasp my tattered soul
once again I'll become whole
reach fraternal eternity
where I'll consciously rest
and blissfully sleep

                * * *

No comments: