Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2022


 

I don't see
tree frogs
anymore
hardly any
juncos
ever arrive
here
I wonder
what
I'm waiting
for
I still
search
for you
somehow
I don't know
why
because you
are gone
all those
beautiful
dreams
we had
seemed
they were
part
of the here
and now
it seemed
those dreams
made us
happy
as well
as glad
I can't help
but wonder
where it all
went wrong
I hoped
that all
the good
would simply
flourish
and grow
like a wondrous
garden
way out
yonder
now I
understand
that I
was wrong
somehow
all those
boundaries
standing
in my
way
still
when I
wake up
I can't
help
but ponder
if my
heart
stopped beating
and I
stopped breathing
where
would I
wander to
today
maybe
that fall
I took
stepping over
that steep
ledge
into that
vast abyss
perhaps that
was a forbidden
edge
I just
couldn't see
still the sun
comes up
but I
have
a hard time
rising
my body
feels
rigid
and cold
my brain
strains
to function
as I lie there
maybe now
I'm just
getting
too old
now that
the birds
and frogs
have disappeared
maybe
they took
all the love
in the world
along
with them
that narrow
road
I wander
down
I wonder
if
I just
left this path
came
to the edge
of some other
high cliff
stepped off
this other
ledge
I wonder
if I
would plummet
and fall
or would
I
soar
and fly
I still
remember
those astonishing
times
when we
were kissing
those special
sublime moments
when I
looked
deep into
your eyes
I thought
I saw
love
living there
I could
feel
your beating
heart
when I
held you
close
I sensed
your essence
even when
we were
far apart
still
I'm alone
I wonder
where
you've
gone
if the moon
fell
from the sky
it wouldn't
surprise
me
if the stars
no longer
shined
it wouldn't
amaze me
I know
I'm crazy
I know
I exist
in some
vacant dream
I know
you
are gone
existing
in some
other place
I wonder
why
this human
race
resists love
and joy
you'd think
that would
be the plan
for every girl
and boy
but in
the end
happiness
sends us
into
a tail spin
a cyclone
of emotion
where most
of us
have been
I tried
to write
another poem
about love
and bliss
about true
happiness
but somehow
I ended
up
crying again
and writing
this
as time
goes by
I wonder
about
the origin
of love
is love
only found
deep
within us
or is
love
something
originating
from somewhere
an unfathomable
place
from far
above
perhaps
from God
somewhere
in cosmic
space
I guess
that love
I felt
went
to live
in some
other distant
place
I guess
that happiness
followed
love
close
behind
now love
and happiness
is
something
I
just can't
find

      * * *

No comments: