Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2022


 

I gather up
the strewn garbage
in my ragged life
fervently toss it
in the baggage bin
I gather up
the errant love
I once had
pitifully throw it
because I'm sorry and I'm tired
in the flames and fire
I gather up
sweet memories
of those special places
try to lockup every single trace
of where I've gone and been
I gather up
my thoughts and feelings
stack them from the floor to ceiling
through all the thick and thin
I gather up
every day and night
along with every wrong
as well as every poem and song
and every thing I thought was right
I gather up
and bury time
formally imploring life
and all those things
that normally would be fine
to simply let me be
since there are no flowers
I can ever find
midst all this heartache
that I feel and see

           * * *

No comments: