Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2022


 

I know too much
so my heart is heavy
all those things
making my soul cry
I know way too much
which leaves me broken
all those things
that make me weep and sigh
I don't know anything
even though I've heard
all those terrible words
danger and plight have spoken
I don't know anything
still in my dreams
I recount everything
those tragic things
that make me
want to burrow
deep into the sorrowful earth
those drastic things
that have turned the world
from what magic used to bring
which used to make me want to sing
instead of making me crumple and cry
making me think that everything
is simply wanting
making me useless and senseless
so in my careless dreams
seeing things that depress us
I see the perilous end
sensing demons that distress us
those things I know and don't know
simply making me want
to disappear and die

                  * * *


No comments: