Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2022


 

I tried to wake up
but everything seemed made up
relevance appeared frayed and obscure
I tried to deliberate and speak
but my parchment mouth
was full of symbols and wretched dust
atonement burned like fire on the tip of my tongue
I tried to knead all my fermenting words
but my half baked mouth
was jammed with coarse ash and raw syllables
I tried to straighten up and think
but my frittered mind
was verb and plum empty
storied communion juiced and squeezed
my blazing frontal lobes
disorienting my parsley being
I tried to metaphysically move
but my ornamental body
stood rigid and forlorn
I tried a lion pose hoping to finally sleep
but my wooden eyes
could never open or shut
I tried to smother my incense dreams
but my insensitive and clouded brain
would only smolder and blunder
I tried thunder and dance
but all my words are broken
chants unsung and so much poetry still unspoken
I tried to play earthly music
but my left hand ran off with all my art and virtues
my invalid right feeling crippled and veritably lost
I've tried to inhale life and sacred breath
but my veritable soul
chokes on unabridged reality
I've tried to protest impertinent love
but my fidgeting spirit
mocks my freedom and fidelity

                       * * *


No comments: