Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2023

 

I keep
telling myself
what to do
how to be
one of me
bossy commander
my other self
slave and worker
do this
don't do that
still one
too inseparable
still conjoined twins
we can't
be fully separated
one of me
meaningful and truly
needing love
needing care
my other self
telling me who
telling me where
we both sing
grow mint in swales
cultivate rows
sowing healthful herbs
joyful bouquets
so many colourful flowers
blooming and climbing
one remains young
at times reaching
such high peaks
atop of tall towers
my older other
needs more
rest and sleep
a willful jester
preaching
wishful life
had it been
something more
than a couples quest
conscious we
separately think
zesty Tao
subconscious me
both here and now
still one sacred cow
one chill zen master
thee and thine and other
always trying
fending for one self
one self devising
choosing and running
further and faster
together realizing
good work and advice
striving to avoid
thirst and disaster

              * * *

No comments: