Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2023


 

old man
winter
held me
firmly
on the ground
impartially frozen
nearly stiff
rigidly vulnerable
I tried
seasonal frigidity
snow drifts
left a hint
thinking of someone
how they
should see
such thin ice
what I am
quaking on
squawking
seems unsound
a deep rift
drifting through
my fidgety soul
some gift of feeling
I've forsaken
spirit on one side
nothing complete
immortal insights
holy but never whole
dig this winter
slipping and sliding
on its cosmic ride
another icy flow
so I am
seeking truth
beyond speaking
devilish lies
so I am
grasping
at lost youth
hopefully not
forgotten dreams
I'm gasping
brave calm
clear skies
some beauty within
mesmerized with that balm
yet I'm bent
an advent subject
in an atmospheric box
storing iceberg thoughts
even some
black ice plots
but I remain
crystalline
hopeful yet glacial
but ticktock
mortal gradients
gradually time
I'll migrate again
graduate in spring
once again
some surreal stealth
while hope arrives
bearing light
reveling and revealing
glorious charm
such rebel warmth
sharing flurries of life
brave earth
such marvelous wealth
through slurry winter
its frigid breath
disrupting land
corrupting mind
those icicle emotions
some sometimes hang
others in drag out
blizzard time
resolve to stand
so many arctic emotions
a polar vortex of notions
challenging motions
head
heart
and hand

            * * *

No comments: