Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 28, 2023


 

in the shallows
we walk and wade
but we never swim
if only I could see
deep within my very soul
let nefarious flood gates open
cope with what is wanting
realize unbroken we are whole
when the world's on fire
ego keeps haunting
all those things we know
all those things we desire
I find your regal voice
echoing through my mind
all these wicked choices
we have made
both you and I
scorched by the sorcerer's sun
baked into protest pie
if we don't swim
if we merely wade
under every brutal sky
every being
will go blind
those uplifting things
we could have done
those beautiful things
we could have made
doing things softly
doing what is kind
cultivating esoteric things
soul as well as mind

                * * *

No comments: