Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2023


 

when I'm upside down
when I've skewed
wearing a desperate frown
something needs to be renewed
maybe a poetic trip to town
I need to be refueled
something nourishing and upscaled
not just diminishing and down
stimulate me with numbers
encourage me with words
let me see beyond shadows and umbras
let one solar disc reveal its mystic crown
let dislocated armies disband
lay down bloody swords
live peace instead of allocating war
let's say we've been shown
already an intriguing light
beyond an esoteric veil
maybe with enlightenment
we'll finally find
we have spiritually grown
navigating swirl and swale
like bolts of lightning
welding spots of different kinds
static throughout electric divinity
indifferent to lightning's incivility
thus there is mobility
virtue in being upside down
if we feel skewered
something trying to tear us down
something needs to be reviewed
maybe a bolt of lightning
wielding a golden crown

                * * *

No comments: