Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 1, 2024

 

 

let me breathe
joy and love
should dawn
never come
if stars
forever disappear
let me see
something else divine
when my heart
stops beating
let me escape
to heaven's realm
let me find
something wondrous
something truly great
so when I die
help me gently go
God save and guide me
bless my very living soul
so through all
my varied wondrous lives
let me forgive
all those things
that just weren't right
I won't just weep
won't forever cry
when I lose life's challenges
no matter how hard I try
yet let me always see
some brilliant light
just in case
I choose to die
when my battles are lost
when I've lost the fight
when I dream of becoming
some other me

          * * *

No comments: