Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2019




My Darling Succubus

I wake in this recurring dream,
Once again in that familiar place,
Alive in the House of the World,
My middle earth unfurled,
There she is once again,
With her flirty eyes,
And her rascal smile,
Her beauty so stunning,
My heart is beating like I'd been running,
She and I have wrestled together,
Off and on for thirty years,
She appears in that shirtless stealth of night,
First beckoning from a crystalline door,
Sex oozing out of her every pore,
Taunting and teasing me,
She never gives it up,
My dream ends before she pleases me,
She's always gone before we mate,
This glistening night though,
Another comet bristled by on some parallel race,
This cosmic time,
Our eyes reflected the stars,
She was overcome,
It seemed she suddenly spoke in rhyme,
Finally I had won,
She wasn't mine,
Not even from some other time,
This long long game was finally done,
From the winners space I bowed,
Banishing her from my sacred place,
Shutting her out from the House of the World,
My needy greedy Succubus,
She was wanting some luckless revelation,
Joe the Revelator,
Painting all those impressive murals,
Redressing the House of the World with all its gloss and pearls,
Embossing prophecy across my scriptured mind,
So much Domus Muni,
I'm staring hard at the glimmering Universe,
All that shimmering glory,
Ripping the glorious sky,
Finally sighting scarce freedom,
Realizing poetry is the right pigment,
Remarkably restoring Domus Mundi,
And like Picasso's loud Guernica,
That mesmerizing Succubus,
No longer hidden under some black shroud,
Finally blundered in her cobra dress,
My faith cornering her as she confessed,
Expatriated for good from my reckless dream,
Exiled from the House of the World,
Restless Joe the Judge and Jury,
Now like gaunt Mila Repa,
Flaunting such rich colour and hue,
Just like vibrant heron blue and undaunted Krishna,
I'm truly be here now,
Soaring across the staring heavens,
No more bungle in the jungle,
No more fumbling and no more rumble,
Because when I finally woke,
I found that I am freely dreaming,
Able to seamless be and fly again,
I'm devouring cake and ice-cream,
Seduction not bliss,
Was her second name,
Rash desire is never chaste,
I'm brashly sympathetic,
I've  lost my taste,
Bowing farewell,
Goodbye to my barren Succubus,
Opening my intuitive and seemly third eye,
Turning gentle words from purple to blue,
I've lost my taste for luckless pie.



No comments: