Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2019


You're not as primitive as me,
I'm more tribal in my thinking,
My bare bones have me rooted in the trees,
Your full breasts have me dreaming,
Drinking thirsty bliss into all of this,
Knowing I can't live,
Give you all of this,
Caressed by bliss,
You're modern standards,
Bandied about on city streets,
Staged in my primitive mind,
All this circus,
So much ruckus,
Times that oft weren't kind,
Oft those crazy beats,
Where two vanities often meet,
A dry rind,

Withering under the intolerant sun,
My wavering mind,
Drifting in an indolent sea,
Blood rushing through its jeweled course,
You and me,
Dredging love from the bottom of the sea,
You and me,
Dodging cupid's arrows which that devil shoots with glee,
Codging on my own,
Revolution such as the stars have shown,
Action compacted into drone and moan,
Harken to ringed Saturn,
Trailed by red Mars,
While the grail moon,
Hides its shy and sultry face,
Convex curtains have hidden timeless glory,
Vexed for certain such an inglorious story,
I'm on my knees,
Repenting before the final fray,
Still you tease me,
Not black or white but always gray,
So I wander hopelessly cloaked,
Revoking destiny before the night comes,
I've set fire to love,
Watch it burn,
Love soaked in grief,
So much disbelief,
My tears are like rivers,
Flash floods across my face,
Grace has abandoned me,
Left me with shivers,
Watching love burn,
Watching you turn away,
Again and again,
Today just like yesterday,
Hearts can't feign love,
Love like water,
Blessings from God,
Inattentive us,
Letting love like water,
Run through our disbelieving fingers,
Such a disappointed fuss,
Love with all its extraordinary mess,
Like a flash flood,
Carving a dangerous way,
Twixt rock and muck,
Sluiced into some disagreeable channel,
Unrelenting until the raging storm has passed,
So we raft down love's rank canals,
Beneath the surface of the crackled earth,
Far below crevasse and cave,
A seismic berth where hidden love raves,
Causing hearts to break,
Causing love to make,
Mistake after mistake,
Like a ray of light searching,
Seeking some reflective surface,
So in time love might truly find,
A mirror heart that cares,
Braving crazy love in kind,
When we're drowning in a sea of love,
When joy and happiness have been stolen away,
Only gracious light can save us,
Only truth and right will find us,
Before we finally close our weary eyes,
Before we tragically die from heart ache,
Only tragic love will cure us,
Only brutal love will ever care enough to make us wise.

No comments: