Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2020


 

Forever Autumn

that warm summer sun
has slowly faded
as the year grows older
dark days are now
drawing near
brisk winter winds
will feel much colder
now that you're not here
I still watch the birds fly south
across the autumn sky
flock by flock they disappear
I wish that I was flying with them
now that you're not here
like the shimmering sun
glimmering through the barren trees
your errant love had come to me
but like every feral leaf
you disappeared and blew away
along with autumn's golden crown
on the autumn breeze
you always loved this time of year
we used to kiss our way past ev'ry frown
but you're not here to lie with me
love's fallen leaves still lie undisturbed
because you're still not here
I feel you kicked me to the curb
you simply wouldn't stay
like the sun through the silent trees
you came to love me
like a leaf carried on the autumn breeze
you simply blew away
a gentle rain falls softly
as if to hide a lonely tear
on my weary eyes
my life will be forever autumn
because you're not here today
because you didn't come to stay
each and every day I wake
still sadly you're no longer here



---------------------------------

that warm
 
summer sun

has slowly

faded
 
as the year

grows older
 
dark days

are now

drawing near
 
brisk winter

winds

will feel

much colder

now

that you’re

not here

I still

watch

the birds

fly south
 
across

the autumn

sky

flock

by flock

they

disappear

I wish

that I

was flying

with them

now

that you’re

not here

like

the shimmering

sun
 
glimmering

through

the barren

trees
 
your

errant

love

had come

to me

but like

ev'ry feral

leaf

carried

on the autumn

breeze

along

with autumn's

golden

crown
 
you

disappeared

and quietly

blew

away

we

used to

invariably

kiss

our passionate

way

past ev'ry

difficult

frown

you

always

loved

this

time

of year

now

those

fallen

leaves

still lie

gently

heaped

restfully

undisturbed
 
but you’re

not

here

to lie

with me

because

you’re

still

not here
 
I feel

you

kicked

me

to the curb

you

simply

didn't

stay

like

summer's

daunting

sun
 
haunting

through

the trees
 
you

came

to love

me

like

a true

drying

leaf

on

the trying

autumn

breeze
 
you

suddenly

blew

away

gentle 

rain 

falls 

softly

vying

to hide

my 

lonely

tears

blurring

my

weary

eyes

since

you’re 

not

here

any

more

safe

inside 

my

cottage

door

my

life

will

be

for

ever

autumn

'cause

you’re

not

here 

today

because

you

didn't

come

to stay

sadly

you're

no

longer

here

      * * * 

No comments: