Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2020


 

I tried
to fix me
I saw no need
to fix you
all those tears
we both cried
we would bleed
fixed together
in our mixed up world
all that bad weather
day after day
our fixations stayed
while cut up love
held us both at bay
sticks and stones
but what we found
nothing could mend
our broken hearts
our broken bones
when we lay together
staring into each other's eyes
as we lay there
I found I was searching
deep in love
for your fixed beautiful soul
with each breath
I was entranced
we breathed
I took a chance
everyday
I truly cared
stepping out of the box
I truly dared
to meld indeed
and to mix with you
but I never
felt the need
to fix you
  

        * * *

No comments: