Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2021


 

one fleeting moment
that last time
I saw your face
stared into your questioning eyes
studied your slanting smile
disappearing perhaps forever
I watched your tears
flood down your face
falling to the ground
a catchment for our fears
but the trying sun
burned us in this place
as our hearts cried
while yearning gravity
dragged the tidal moon
down to the bridled earth
in this nocturnal race
emotions kept us turning
in this love lost space
that last time
I touched your hand
felt you surrender
while you were in my arms
destiny remained in command
as you stared into my thirsting eyes
that first fleeting moment
stealing my breath away
making my heart skip a beat
beginnings escaped me
I couldn't find the words
suddenly you were gone
ending that tender moment
rending me incomplete
I stood there silent
encompassed by my wrongs
contemplating forever
reeling in my wretched mind
feeling every second
time that slowly passed
surrounded by sad love songs
truly etching my pain with thine
as love turned into a faded memory
still I searched for some forgiving sign
I knew that love just could not last
reality corroborated you were in the past
still I hoped I'd wake one day
realize it had all been some night terror
open my eyes to see you lying there beside me
happily find you and your love
still complacent and contented there

                         * * *

No comments: