Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2021

 

 

air rushes through me
stealing away my life and breath
asphyxiating my misguided goals
water floods over me
drowning me with all my tragedy and sorrow
earth continues to bury me
engulfing my frightful mind
landslides entomb me with hurt and pain
fire furiously consumes me
incinerating my very soul
devouring my dreams and misplaced love
self-immolation in this frenzied fire
burning up all my hope and joy
cremated I turn to ash
assailed by this assault of air
I try to wipe away my fear and tears
swept away in this deluge of water
I try to wash away my unrighteous sins
buried beneath this avalanche of earth
I try to lay to rest all my wounds and shame
yet somehow I resume to dig and fall
carelessly fumbling on every hapless mall
crumbling beneath every corrupt and polluted pall

                        * * *

No comments: