Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 29, 2023


 

your perfect shadow
falls around me
ending each quiet day
twilight silently arrives
ending daylight's eager parade
you followed me
down each narrow corridor
along every twisting path
where sombre love
in time falls and fails
to lie quiet and undisturbed
but each new day arrives
I feel you still clinging
hanging in my thoughts
remarkably changing my words
I wish I could truly see through you
know what each new day
just might be bringing
but you are gone
I cannot lie
loving you felt so right
love seldom left us feeling
we were wrong
I wish I could see you
beyond this apparition
an image of you
stuck in my mind
let me hold you
snuggle in my arms
dance together closely                                                                                                                         search your deep sparkling eyes
but then I fall deeply asleep
my grieving heart dreams
poems and stories about caring
you know precious
that love we shared
dear sweet love
you are delicious
I want to keep you
when I am truly deaf
when I am ailing
having gone completely blind
when my moaning heart is failing
precious love
perhaps you will be kind
our rich love will still
be on my sorry mind

                * * *

No comments: