Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2023


 

selfish me
with my selfish thoughts
why should I care
dare even to ponder
or wonder
these poems
I write
in my selfishness
those thoughts and words
trying to fix myself
poems that are not selflessness
if only in preponderance
perhaps at times
time bombs and lethal swords
I've written hordes
trying to see myself
for what I truly am
all my poetry and words
crossing a great gulf
between dreams and reality
perhaps I'm just off the shelf
common as a commoner
predominantly I am shy
just a silly poet and garden guy
please don't bully me
I have my bleeding wounds
bloody terrible scars
in my caring head
I dare to know
I'm not yet dead
so where and what
the sun still shines
the moon still shines sublime
a reflective invitation
my secret inspiration
for kindled poetry I write
something almost real
burning words and lines
no big learning or yearning deal
just some of what I need and feel

                     * * *

No comments: