Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2015

Love lies bleeding on the cold, stark ground,
You shut my door, you walked  away,
Forever wasn't what we'd found,
E'en though that night you said you'd stay.

Why does love ne'er last?
Love fabricated, whispers in the park,
Words broke love's spell, shipwrecked our past,
Lies you whispered, lying next to me, in the dark.

You stole my heart, you kissed my lips,
Now you're gone, deserted me,
You robbed my soul, with your loving hips,
You marched away, strove to be free.

Time shall ne'er be the same,
I'll ne'er trust sweet love again,
I've lost my way, in this loving game,
Sickened by this cold, stark rain.

I'll ne'er let love in again,
My heart, once caged, lies chained and broken,
You're wandering heart, loving other men,
Devotion failed, true lies were spoken.

So now loves over, you shan't look back,
Packed your bags, left me wand'ring, in the dark,
How can I trust, if love dare come back?
Soothe my grieving soul, e'er stroll hand in hand, through the park?

Life's ups, life's downs, all love lies bleeding,
Reluctant words will ne'er write love songs,
Pouring rain shall purge love's needing,
Cherished poems will ne'er heal love's wanton wrongs.

You strode away, turned your back on me,
Slammed love's door, deceived love's heeding,
Burned those bridges, blinded love, we see,
Scratched out love's eyes, and left love bleeding. 

No comments: