Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2020

 

I stood silent
clinging to supple branches
chewing on green leaves
high in a fruit tree
below me a deer watched
as I grew rough bark
sensing the teasing wind
blow through my twigs of hair
my deer friend approached
ever closer with her nose in the air
I spoke to her
like the wind speaks
to all earth's creatures
curious she watched
as I swayed in the warm evening breeze
that pretty whitetail doe
gentle and serene as you please
from my high perch
I kept my eyes on the deer
she knew me
knew I was there
unafraid she searched for apples
that had fallen to the ground
I continued to roost there
not making any alarming sound
I watched as she foraged
nibbling succulent blades of grass and green clover
she stood there below me
watching me like a pandowdy lover
such a dear face
those large dewy deer eyes
my joy I could never disguise
no lies between us
her little deer body
relaxed with her gentle pace
as she silently grazed
my eyes surely glazed
September's sky was singing
as I marveled at her deer art
still sweet summer filled with treasures
I thought I might grow wings
fledge kestrel flight feathers
with all that euphoria filling my heart
watching her step carefully into tall grass
I felt as if I might lift off and fly

                   * * *

No comments: