Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2020


 

I'm lost again
I don't know where I am
I'm yearning for God
to come and touch me
with his holy hand
I've been in this barren desert before
I'm thirsty and searching
for a hidden sacred fount
researching the stars
praying to find
God's blessed mount
I feel empty and forlorn
even though I look around
and see all this glory and abundance
but I don't know if I'm glory bound
I'm lost again
I don't know where I am
in my dreams
I've seen the sacred stars
fulfilling that universal destiny
lighting the way home
for lost travelers
but I'm unraveled
even though
I thought
I was following a sacred stream
but in this lonely desert
I can only close my weary eyes
and hope that in my dreams
I'll come across that sacred
that I'd already found
blessedness in my heart
I hold so dear
praying love will come again
take hold of my sorry hand
lead me out of this dry barren desert
to that consecrated place
where God and his angels
repose peacefully
welcoming searching travelers
back into that holy fold
and regal arms
embraced by creation's majesty
high atop
God's holy mount

            * * *

No comments: