Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2020


 

Angela calls
I hear her voice
I melt
I fall
again
I'm elated
she thinks of me
I'm elevated
still though
she is in the arms
of another man
this revelation
she deflated me
over and over
relevance
again and again
those harsh
difficult years
negatively inflated
luminous gravity
pulling us apart
positively illuminated
she dragged me
in and out
of that worrisome pit
recklessly I dug
I worried so hard
sparking my imagination
so many stark years
a hard go
I fanatically tried
over time
desperate
to let go
I thought I had
but then respite
I don't wonder
what is true
late at night
I'm reeling
those caged feelings
hopeless emotions
out of the blue
suddenly engaged
feeling delighted
reigniting
that smoldering fire again
she calls
I melt
I'm burning
I can't help myself
I fall 

            * * *

No comments: