Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2021


 

as I leapt
into nothingness
all that nothingness
contorted itself
discomforted and swirling
circumnavigating my being
strapping me
to an unseen world
stripping me
of who I'd once been
still I soared
took overt flight
rising like an eagle
towering and gazing
what an extraordinary view
down on a silent world
something unfamiliar
in my quiet mind
waking in a hazy room
new dreams
unfurled and booming
furlongs of past gloom
seemingly never ending
each crushing tsunami
pushing exalted waves
into torrents of extreme thought
I might be sometimes
swamped and drowned
yet elements of dance
those tempest fears
which movement wrought
force me out
into viral space
a critical void
where spiraling space debris
whizzes past me
then lastly
disintegration comes
was it neglect's integrated will
on a blue moon
once still
beneath a red sky
where the corrupted tide
still churned
turning sometimes
back out to sea
those relative things
come much too soon
often reactive life
reacts once more
twisting its essential core
all may be detrimental
but elemental physics
that gentle nothing
can't stop it
one can't cop out
after every boosted blast
reeling past oblivion
believing in one upstanding pavilion
a final dream
screech avast
impeach this damaged symposium
reflected by sun block
this impartial vision
employed much too soon
but we may
not perfectly see
as soulful goes
every portent truth
such blinding
universal light
so dazzlingly bright
but amazingly often
we can't see past our own lies
into the crass beyond
past that sacred face
beyond every holy place
plastered and distended
stuck in our surroundings
yet divinely extended
beyond our tongue nose ears and eyes

                   * * *

No comments: