Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2021

 


I'm mired again
in this difficult place
where sadness
wants to drag me down
into those perilous depths
where I always drown
I can't help myself
I wake
distressed I find myself
crying
wishing this world
was a different place
somehow we are lost
the sun refuses to be kind
the moon in line
can't find me
no matter how often
I try
to rise and stand
I fall down again
feeling like I might die
my heart hurts
these eyes
are blind and tired
if only I could wake up
and fly away
to some better place
but the stars won't let me
so here I lay
I wish
if only
I could touch your face
but you are far away
my tears
just won't stop
day after broken day
these insistent tears
streaming
so many imperative fears
blemishing my sad face
when I try to stand
I can only slump and scream
tumbling into that parsec space
stripped upon this marred land
I see myself bleeding
when I'm down and out
in my lucid dreams
I am always needing
still I wonder
how I am
if I'm nothing
but a crumpled disgrace
love obstinately deserted me
but I'm still here
these tears
won't let me
see anything clear
so I stumble
day after day
fumbling through life
I'm just a trivial part
of this
unhinged human race
my heart
is wounded
my soul
ragged and torn
sometimes I wish
I were never born
still I am so forlorn
if I
could simply
touch your hand
if I
could find the strength to stand
to kiss your face
perhaps we'd find
some perfect place
if my weeping eyes
could clearly look
into your deep soul
what might I see
would you
reach out
and hold me close
would you
beseech me
to not be
so morose
but true love
won't find us
love can't heal
these wretched wounds
ultimately we share
love won't dare
to gently soothe
these crushing hurts
that we both feel 

            * * *

No comments: