Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2021

 


forsooth
blue sky
blue ocean
long in the tooth
by and by
more motion
I'm standing
amongst a group of men
entertaining those grinning boys
quite handily
they're laughing at me
I'm telling tales
they're not sure what they see
my words are removing so many veils
one minute I'm speaking
the next I'm thinking
telling myself
to shut my f-ing mouth
then the next route
I'm sooth saying
like I am hexed and vexed
inflection with some direction
imagine this conviction
black skin
white skin
yellow skin
green skin
brown skin
purple skin
blue skin
wrinkled skin
mottled skin
chameleon skin
no skin
that din I am in
skinless
pure translucence
induced through apparitions
rank partitions
spewing sulphuric acid
such harsh conditions
injecting adder venom
not much is placid
sometimes I'm hemmed in
due addendum
turning circles
in a ripening crop
searching for miracles
drip by drop
I just can't stop myself
mixing potions
speaking in tongues
I just don't see myself
I know I'm far flung
applying soothing lotions
swimming in an apt and loathsome sea
reeling with hungry sharks and jelly fish
somehow I am still feeling me
wearing all my weird notions
wond'ring if there is any glee
or recompense
slathered with buttery ghee
perhaps this recipe is so dense
I'm neither I nor me
when I sleep and dream
laughing at what I do and say
when I find I'm floating
down a refreshing stream
in a renewing dream
on a calm and brilliant day
this world seems almost normal
a less horrible world seemingly fair and free
then the tide turns
things can seem so harsh and formal
I just want to sleep more and flee
when my soul yearns
for sooth
those moments  I'm seeking utter truth
I stop and think about my long gone youth
back years ago when I was young and learning
about how the world keeps spinning and turning
discovering how things can be so aloof
now at this age
I listen to the rocks and stones
plants teach me medicine
birds sing to me so I atone
I don't feel so reticent
about people laughing at me
I'm wandering around
pondering this out of control world
things just keep spinning
still in those gleeful dreams
when I find I'm a chameleon
fixed on a leaning post
changing colour
first inhaling oxygen then helium
I'm suddenly high pitched
swaying to and fro
not stitched-up about losing or winning
equality will always show
truth and honesty
such a playful host
I see myself
just being and grinning
those are the dreams
I like the most
where the sky is blue
the ocean too
and I am done with sinning

                   * * *

No comments: