Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2021


 

if only I could fly
look down on the world
all those wonders I would spy
my soul wants to be like water
flowing free and pure across the land
if only I could be an otter
swimming free with my otter band
catching pollution free fish
we devour fresh
relishing life beneath the stars
being all together
unshakeably enmeshed
always closely tied
relinquishing this alien world
as if we were from Mars
once I heard you say I love you
I knew you were being true
when I looked into your eyes
there lived a precious love
that once we both knew
over time everything seems to die
but precious love lasts forever
even though it changes colour
from passionate red
to melancholy blue
we must have been daft
thinking we could stay together
now I'm far out at sea
floating on a lonesome raft
I don't know
where you are lying
perhaps you are lost
maybe you are crying
just like me
if I could fly
I'd search for you
I'd fly across every sea
perhaps I'd one day find you
perching like a beautiful bird
resting in the glorious shade
of some magnificent ancient tree
if you still want me
if your love hasn't died
we could sing together
just you and me
the world might finally find us
soaring high and being together
navigating through every weather
even though we both have changed
even though both of us have cried
over those long ago times that we shared
all those long kisses staring into each other's eyes
joining our bodies and hearts together
finding true love where we both cared
discovering love wasn't just some horrid farce
or a three ring circus of ardent lies

                        * * *

No comments: