Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2023


 

if I were to scream
loudly enough
maybe the world
would finally hear me
maybe though
I'm being much too gruff
but there is so much
rough in the world
you know
I just wish
my dreams
weren't so
harsh and blistering
such a constant mystery
some monstrous things
just flourish and grow
sometimes boorish things
making showy history
even so
most low things
can be
really tough
all those things it seems
that are deafening
often crude and morbid stuff
enough of those dreams
that horrid world
finally letting all of that go
I can be me
maybe even
exceed being
successfully seed
hopeful new dreams
painting the sky
a happier thing
letting colourful life be
enjoy a joyful ring
all that gruff and rough
put behind me
this very moment
being the real thing
so now my comment
my carnal scream
is more tasteful
less pained and less morbid
less harsh and less vain
less crass and distasteful
though still unexplained

                 * * *

No comments: