Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 8, 2023


 

I've waited
so many years
still the sky
keeps secrets
when the moon speaks
I try to listen
when love shakes me
I want to believe
love's stern decision
whatever the decisive wind says
however the insistent world spins
maybe gravity will change my mind
perhaps I'll stare into the sun
knowing that I will go blind
if dreams could come true
maybe my heart would have more faith
but those words I hear
all those poems I want to recite
why does love invite us
in the first place
secondly I'm frozen
riveted by my fear
if love could trace
every negative thought I've had
back to some positive beginning
maybe love would finally see
menial love has driven me
completely mad
I'm not smiling or grinning
all my reviled sins
keep me in my prison cell
where I lock love out
still I'm waiting
for that special place
where I can kiss that special face
knowing love has finally found us both
something love betrothed
some quotes about glorious love
moral nouns and verbs
such sorry adjectives
committed by this human race
maybe if some abject ocean
swept all love's pain away
perhaps I'd forgive myself
perhaps then love could stay

                    * * *

No comments: