Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2023


 

I'm demented
I've been cemented
I have sand and gravel
in my gritty soul
all that detrimental fire
that I've eaten
has burnt a hole
in my very being
so what I'm feeling
has charred me
made me harder
I'm feeling marred
as I grow older
sometimes I'm hot
sometimes I'm colder
what about this existence
I still find resistance
I'm consistently inventing
some new type of cementing
those high walls I've built
ones I've forcibly torn down
some are fixed with greed and guilt
others are me being a lonely clown
if in time
I might find
some good reason
some good rhyme
perhaps I'll be less cemented
even less demented
oh how pitiful I've been
seldom reprimanded
those wretched things
I've belched out and seen
rebrand an augmented me
not boiled by so much dementia
not foiled by so much cement
less hardened and less soiled
less charred with much less grime

                    * * *

No comments: