Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 17, 2023

 


there is no room
in my occupied heart
for anyone except you
you are that
sanctioned precious part
keeping a brilliant light
brightening my world
illuminating what is dark
together we
distilled mysterious love
our deep feelings
so powerful and thrilling
somehow exceptional
really so very right
still there is no space
especially in my aching soul
I'm not making room
for anything
or anyone
besides you
you're the one
I love that love
what we shared was true
what about daring love
together we both knew
caring divinity reveled
somehow revealed
ultimately a feeling
some shared goal
a gift full of believable hope
conceivably blessing life
joy with perfect glory
I'll look for you
aboard rumbling trains
on roaring planes
inside fast cars
in wild forests
along city streets
now before
I really have to
before I finally go
if for some valid reason
if we never reach
beyond those age old stars
if for some restive reason
I never see you again
here on solid earth
I'll still reach out
volunteer to look for you
forever I'll weep over you
recount my blinding tears
beyond far away
past Jupiter and distant Mars
I'll search for you
my true love
throughout Earth's future history
I'll search past Andromeda
sort through all that lasting mystery
including all those far off stars
if for some tragic reason
we fall into the blazing sun
I know this magic love
forever yearning
burning deep inside us
this shared true love
will last forever
always shall be
ours for keeping
this special room
in my occupied heart
preoccupied now
with all my loveless gloom
there is no hopeful vacancy
I'm all closed-up
for my love is sleeping
in my love starved room
the lock and key
your love is keeping

             * * *

No comments: