Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 7, 2023


 

once
I was
swimming
far out
living lives
in deep oceans
forever searching
praying for dry
land high above
some deep
misshapen sky
somehow grand
some familiar place
where I have
sometimes been
various ups
nefarious downs
energizing scenes
wave motion
yet nervous
saving notions
still no where
dry to stand
I try to guess
some great dream
illusion under
standing lies
that's why
in my confusion
I wear this
solemn face
there are
liquid places
holy equilibrium
traces of equity
that I've seen
graceful smiles
creation's divine place
yet those
broken frowns
still quietly spoken
speaking devotion
over many
immense creative miles
sensing commotion
love and joy
initiation's trials
of one kind
it seems
maybe twice
no matter
how hard
I've tried
finding myself
trying this
a thirty-third
difficult space
I've heard
traces of
one quarter
living past
just where
I've been
all those
many fifths
trails I've seen
seriously sixty
six miles
trials all in all
breezing into
seven freezing towns
crowded time
an eighth of blue
my crystalline emotion
all that was mine
outward pain
I somehow found
binding inner gain
not admired
via those nine
tried and tired
draining voids
sometimes painful
ten myriads of rain
even eleven
torrential storms
fixed by
a dozen
mindful memories
too many
lost toys
stuck in
simply mind
so it seems
every thirteenth
deep sea
where I have been
trained by freely swimming
treading water
sometimes submerged
just on a whim
sometimes tottering
around even
on a crippling verge
oddly emerging from
where I'm seen
stripping something
tens of things
simply gripped
tempted via profound
seeking deep dreams
free and helpful
thy serving hand
sometimes I've been
so far out
in freaking space
bordering some
mystic timeless realm
where blissful
courageous angels fly
try I must
ask myself
what is
this tentative life
not just bliss
so more
creative notions
counting just
what is
love and joy
some real wealth
enjoying life
or am I
forever
just lost
far out
in some endless
monster sea
what a dreadful
mindless monstrosity
a drowning cost
if that is
just what liquid
true life is
what about
new life
viewing liquidity
measuring transcendent
realizing tranquility
still preserving
what is sacred
miraculous gloss
saving countless creatures
just like
holy fountains
you and me
heartbeat and breathing
upon this flourishing
oceanic embarkation
life's familial cost
intentionally encouraging
this numbered miracle
creation
god let it be
revelation
as that is free

         * * *

No comments: