Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 23, 2024


 

dignity in twilight
I thought I saw you
ambling down
your dusty lane
around rambling midnight
in some deep darkness
I thought I heard you
beyond a suppressing veil
ingress you called out
some other lover's name
when adept morning came
I steadfastly watched
your dark shadow disappear
in that iconoclast moment
I should have leapt
catching us from falling
still all the same
nothing could ever
honest or true remain
when regretful midday arrived
you would be
no where near
but still I clearly
imagined you
forget shameful love
still reckless in my mind
as evening called again
I slumped down
on open ground
a mortal wounded
wiping swollen eyes
swiping at stolen tears
thinking those
token words
which we never
dared or spoke
yet together
drinking in
living passion's words
after we
had woken up
so many
of our sultry days
those burgundy nights
still all my daytime fears
remain doomsday rites
now becoming twilight
I can't see you
forever you are gone
I won't hear you
knowing we'll never know
if our shameful love
was ever right or wrong

               * * *

No comments: