Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 9, 2024


 

my zigzag life
vying for true centre
back and forth views
trying magic ways
nouns and verbs
tragedies burned
adverbs and adjectives
searing my herbal brain
those equatorial monsoon rains
merely wash over me
verbally I'm submerged
I hang on as best I can
so I'm not washed away
enduring subversive floods
yet polar ice froze my soul
words and parching desert winds
stir up whirlwind calamity
dry me up
whip and whisk me away
blow me down
broken washboard roads
what about other
token circus slips
try circumventing
staunch human desire
at what cost
all that invented marching
far too many
charming liars and deniers
what about harmful social fires
truth and honestly
real guru and forest compassion
genuine empathy
encompass real nature
that's a trip
one step at a time
getting some kind of grip
at times jogging
even a skip and a jump
sometimes racing
I'm running with wolves
even some long shot
star people flirting in the dark
boggled because we're  not seeing
imagine a bull fighter's death mark
such discreet targets lie ahead
imagine belief in blind sight
stumbling minds into some
uninvited unknown
hungry rumbling stomachs
grumbling angry zones
pesky via the grapevine
testy words bind me
though I don't wear any crown
still with some proud peasant kind
tumbling into a twisted future
we are powerful
even mystical creatures
desiring love and irresistible beauty
we are tribal parchment
bits of spun linen and woven hemp
flaunting gold leaf in addressing
wanting some coal mine study
writing uncut cultist relief
dreaming oceanic diamonds
birthing new news and new ideas
about climbing and flying
soaring above it all
those enticing coral reefs and emeralds
gleaming facets of revised love
we want revision
though I'm stuck
zircon encrusted
muck and minerals only
in my zigzag life
subliminally my ragged devotion
zigzagging love
somehow still steering
I must keep adjusting and trying
but there is this
category five storms
cyclones raging in my heart
driving reckless parts of me
drowning relationships
in water filled ditches
diving helplessly
into hopeless holes
I think a brown recluse spider
maybe wizards and other witches
poisoned me once before
infecting my reclusive soul
somehow I chewed  
caught in that inclusive web
through every dam thread
my cutting torch breath
vaporizing steel strands
trying to save
my brave heart
from stony prison
I'm craving a crucible soul
hoping some hungry lion
some heartless demon
would not pounce
so from where I stand
could withstanding
resurgence in some blessed way
 certain fury and urgent fire
rescue any insurgent's life
cradled reflectively
respect that I hold
all those storied hands
respectfully correcting
still life's purest
goals and gold
maybe if we
capture the moon
discover more moon lore
recover extra-terrestrial rapture
legendary love stories
unabridged alien romance
recalling alien abduction
eloping with condition
even if there is a slight chance
we've been sampled
somehow might delight
yet light a blessed way
but what if
we can't save ourselves
God shant rescue us
but what if
we still ponder saving
mass extinction of fish and fescue
review every brutal circumstance
we wonder about true rescue
whether yours or theirs or mine
yet chances are
entrancing gurus and happy alien romance
adjacent scientific avenues
won't be found
set in some resounding design
precarious life's preciousness
always truly confounded
forever crossing
life's zigzag lines

            * * *

No comments: