Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2024


 

give me pleasure
help me get through
all life's stormy weather
give me what I want
give me what I need
still I just bleed and bleed
no one can save me
there are no saviours
all this ridiculousness
all our crazy human behaviour
what if I had a trillion dollars
would all that money
make me glad
or would I still wake up
feeling lost and sad
thank you for the sunshine
thank you for letting me have
those little things that are good and fine
if I had a loyal dog
if I had a funny monkey
maybe I'd still end up
a wanting needy junkie
what if the sun burned
a hole in my mind
would I still be crawling
could I truly ever be kind
all we want is love and caring
what about when we end up alone
would we end up being stoned and staring
into the blazing sun
into our raging souls
would life ever be truly fun
or would we be stony and cold
I don't know if I really need pleasure
how can I even begin to measure
what I want and need
would there be any rules I had to truly heed
in my head I think and think
while my body continues to want to eat and drink
what if pleasure gave me everything I need
what if life's true measure
could come from a holy book we could read
what if prayers were just a sacred song
would we always wake up dead
or just always simply wrong
what if pleasurable dreams were all we need
what if measurable time wasn't what it seems
what if milk and honey could be life's icecream
maybe then we'd find immeasurable pleasure
in just being good and clean
what if all our fear and dread
were just stupid things stuck in our stupid heads
if we had that funny monkey
would we still just be a pleasure junkie

                       * * *

No comments: