Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2024


 

when I reach
the end
of the world
after walking
a long unfamiliar road
I wonder
if I'll find you there
standing at the edge
of timeless time
where everything
reminds us
of what we passed
all along
that lonely
unkept way
both of us
wond'ring
if our old friend
Alice
still lives
somewhere
back there
standing still
perhaps
at the entrance
of that famous
rabbit hole
when we get
to the end
of that
life long road
maybe we'll find out
if we were
infamous liars
or did reveling
in that
telling existence
always revealing
spell out
some gospel truth
or was it
some other glory
a godspell story
something
inside of me
wants
to rebel
and even emit
sacrosanct screams
while waking up
with a full wolf moon
but my
anchored tongue
is tied
in frank knots
and I'm blocked
by all the dust
and choking grit
I've forcefully consumed
perhaps
those last
brave living
beyond sacred
graves and tombs
divine birds will
finally tell us
some important
extinctive truth
about how
we distinctly lived
and how
we'll instantly die
maybe
an exploding sun
will be
remotely kind
incinerate
my burning soul
maybe self
immolation
some venerable thing
will
sacredly tell me
if I've been
right or wrong
whether
I've been
rakishly lost
all this time
and never
truly found
inside that
ethereal place
where brilliance
blessed colour
confessedly writes
all those impressive poems
as talented stars
sing all
those gallant songs
maybe
then I'll find
I still
love you
wish we
had lived
together
making
passionate love
and artistic babies
maybe
then the noble world
would have
unfurled and felt
like a welcoming
blessed place
where caressing dreams
always
came true
and misery's tears
never
ever
streamed
so freely
down
my tear streaked face
maybe
when we get
to the end
of that
long hard road
maybe
we'll see
salvation
that all
our stallion dreams
were something
unguardedly special
but one thing
timeless time
wouldn't
allow us
to see
things clear
maybe
we'll see
that all those valiant birds
that flew by
as we lived
our lives
along that long
and winding road
wanted
to tell us
about complaisant truth
and obliging honesty
but we
were always
closing
our noncommittal eyes
and turning
our evasive heads
because
living was
often aggressively hard
and there were
violent things
that scared us
out of our harried wits
and there were
so many
revolutionary things
that reminded us
of all life's
evolutionary fears

           * * *

No comments: