Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2024


 

deep diving
against ripping current
how deep can I go
pulling hard
such awesome
gripping flow
neutralize that
what do I trade
things I need
queen of spades
what is said and more  
another game to know
this is sleep depriving
probably a losing hand
where one
can or can't
possibly gain control
I'm like a misplaced mole
not that one tracking and tracing
racing to dig deep tunnels
burrowing through
soft organic ground
chewing through sediment
segments of worm to worm
but that other one
corrupting clear skin
like something
delivered by a jury sun
sure corruption
never really fun
blemishes pealing skin
this feeling hide
we're stuck in
muck and dig down
expose my reeling heart
suck up congealed matter
what if I can't breathe
deep diving
oxygen deprived
like some
screwed up
mad hatter
inhaling mythology
sniffing toxic glue
what about those things
riffs I thought
I believed
perhaps delegating faith
delicate has run out
a rebel lungful
short of relevant air
what if I suddenly realize
serialize for some rash reason
whether I sink or swim
episodes of I don't really care
maybe surfacing
out of necessity
reversing breast strokes
best spoken things
tokens of conversely
just some energetic
poetic verse and whim
realize vigour
can be reciprocity
exchanging words
bonding with other
strange molecules
triathlons in that hurried mix
fathoms of blurred necessity
compounded by entering
confounding heart ventricles
reliance on some gaseous fix
if I reach rock bottom
perhaps blue blood
mix faith with deep diving
resurface because of things
I've somehow forgotten
still I'm adrift
drifting on
some unfathomable sea
maybe I'll reach out
readily study
moon and stars
search for slip stream tides
ride with sacred things
I've rehearsed things
tossed them away
traversing things
I thought
sort of soft
rotten and misbegotten
maybe if I dive deep
sound deep enough
find lost treasure
just madly being
has freely begotten
sad and real love
in some true measure
try to keep
my eyes open
perhaps then
I will
get some sleep
dream about
being free
maybe then
forgiving God
will let me be

          * * *

No comments: