Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2020



I dreamed another morning woke
Random rays split the broken sky
Burning fragments shining down
Fossil rays made me close my eyes
I dreamed a sudden rushing flood
With that gush I very nearly drowned
That hushed bloody morning
Ruddy dreams seem to come true
Circling around
Another spinning dream
Something grinning and new
I dreamed a blue garden
Standing there kissing you
While a nearby song bird
Warbled songs to precious you
I dreamed love grew there
Something we both could sweetly bear
As daring afternoon waned
We lay quiet the way sated lover's share
Amongst the stately shafts of heady grain
That place where unrequited love lies bleeding
Grafted love murmured an amaranth song
E're the evening draft beckoned
I reckon you began to leave me there
I hoped we'd both stay awake
Your ready kiss your darling stare
But heady clouds began to gather
Rather than wait for intrepid night
Bright orbs of light filled that evening air
Your rosewood self
Decisive like a hummingbird
Hovering for another reckless kiss
But no matter how hard I tried
Your mesmerizing eyes
Shook me into another dream
Visions of your ruby throated flight
Seeking titillating nectar
Scintillating dreams aren't always right
Inside my causeway head
I glimpsed some other plausible stead
We paused by a nest full of earthy tomes
Circling I found my worthy self
Reciting ovoid poems
Seeking another novel vector
Glancing sadly behind me
I watched you

Bewitched avoiding me
Dancing around a blazing fire
Flames rose through a glowing liquid mist
Two romantic ghost fists
Flaming by your liquid sides
Dying I stare at  your requiting tears
As you fittingly dance and cry
I can't breathe or rise any higher
Out by my open garden gate
Looking up and staring down
What once was there
I wish I could once again kiss you
Stagnant nights without you
I dream about vagrant love
Knowing the migrant sun
Never cries and seldom cares
The Mountain Queen called out to me
In the mountain hall with that fading light
She told me all her rightful woes
True night was falling
A few brilliant stars pranced about
Dancing wearing their shimmering wares
A falling twin-tailed star came calling
While another reckless dream-filled day
Came to a dreamed-up recluse close
Risks we chose
Taking a risk
Risky life
Life and risky love
Living and loving
Risky love and fate
All those fateful love moments
All those faded dreams we chose



  

  

  
                  * * *

No comments: