Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2021


 

I'm shrouded now
wearing a sky blue sheet
covered from head to foot
in one hand
I'm holding holiness
in the other
I'm holding unholy hell
my hands are extended outwards
from each of my devilish
human and angelic sides
on one side stands a holy cow
on the other a demon looking sly
whatever all this really means
only God can truly tell
an angel rides
upon my shoulder
guiding me through my days
at night a ghost appears
some spirit that is much colder
when I'm in a mood
I give that spirit the gears
but still no matter what I do or say
that ghostly spirit stays
I'm demanding now
with another coloured shroud
this time it's snowy white
changing my towering appearance
out in public I startle every crowd
I'm like an apparition or a ghost
no one can honestly tell
if I'm from heaven
or if I've been loosed from hell
I circle groups of people
quiet as a mouse in church
suddenly I'll thunder
making everybody cringe and lurch
from there I'll disappear again
until prophecy is ready
until the time is nearing ripe
on that day I'll appear covered
wearing a shimmering crimson sheet
on my shoulder a long billed snipe
one I've risen from the dead
heading into extinction
finality has overcome
we've failed both the plover and the snipe
for one brief moment
that snipe's will should call
I'll hover o'er a sacred lake
watching countless species fall
even though I'm floating free
enveloped by some translucent mystic air
though no one sees me hover there
all the greed in the world
has blinded people and most don't care
so they never know or clearly see
what species are still alive out there
this once flourishing blue planet
boasting so many varied creatures
winged and finned and legged
every size from big to small
now fewer and fewer
remain to mate and call
so many corrupted features
vanity created this extinction pall
when I am soaring o'er a sacred plain
come down to earth again
I'll remove my crimson shroud
I'll stand on every shoreline
obviously being laughed at
by every jeering crowd
but that angel on my shoulder
is sorrowfully weeping
just like burning me
that holiness I held in my hand
has vanished into the roiling sea
while holy hell is celebrating
knowing that people will never see
they've been such fools
now fueling this tragic bend in things
will usher in this cruel
distinct and crashing end
for creatures like you and me
on that final day
when the consecrated universe
held a solemn funeral
for the desecrated earth
everything was shrouded in black
every existing thing attending
lacking joyful happiness or any mirth
even God and eternity's angels
choirs adorned and draped
bearing eternal long black sheets
surrounding themselves conversely
with relevant external streams
of creation's universal tact
this final shrouded funereal act
deemed absolute and necessary
because of what tactless human's had done
daring careless action and living so adversely
that every sacred poem and song
all of nature's creatures
human carelessness
employing thoughtlessness
had over time destroyed
simply because of selfish human greed
self centredness and crowning blatant egoism
beyond the earthly bounds
past survival and any real need
due to misguided politics and cruel despotism
violating and perverting
all the earthly good
every hopeful spirit and essential seed
human's eventually obliterated
nothing can ever be mitigated
when evil and destruction
construct each daily deed
so shrouded all in black
the universe and God itself
wept tears of universal grief
wishing from the very start
back in that sacred garden
when blessed Eden dwelt
human's had not strayed
but stayed focused on divinity
remained on that infinite holy track
 

                     * * *

No comments: