Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2021

 

these roots
I feel
beneath my feet
anchoring
the whole of me
my very soul
to this bountiful spot
my heart and limbs
convincingly fixed
to what I've got
in this trim place
mixed by time
this betwixt space
where life rhymes
there is ample distance
consistently far beyond
insistent tumbling
but rumbling thunder
in one rhythmic instance
I woke to wonder
imagining what
that humbling view
might truly be
troubling too
without these
intrepid tangled roots
withholding me
without songs
suddenly without reason
void of this place
mangled images
yet respectfully true
without rights
painting the sorry sky
melancholy blue
vexed by so many
tainted fickle wrongs
such storied angles
without these
strong deep roots
I can't help
but wonder
how and why
this inept world
could exist
or would
this adept living
universe be
nothing more
than spilt milk
some existential mist
perhaps just a bit
of grimy murk
could needled trees
start new
a few leaf out
would wingless bees
ever or never
buzz about
I'm a deciduous one
inked and infused
midst a musing forest
my inkling thumb
bemusing humanity
these wrinkled digits
revealing some
flexed ideals
sometimes curled and rigid
indexing other
growing trees
not neglecting
pollinating bees
I've tried unfurling
raising anchor
navigating on
seeking some
or other
earthly spot
if uprooted life
is just a wandering plot
yet still vibrates and rhymes
somehow wearing
another cogent face
in some other
much less distant
sacred place
tear out
these shallow roots
escape if
we can
believe in
some other
spoken after plan
talk faithful man
walk about
tread another
vast unknown span
let us be
like our earth mother
let mature cones plummet
from this very summit
verily to the ready ground
spread viable seeds
look after
those lasting
various earthly
genetic needs
let the varied sea
birth upon
every alien
sandy shore
something
a rising
expansive tide
can't resist
or simply hide
convinced since
abiding seas
must float
uprooted trees
what trusting nature
lustfully seizes
rafts of beginnings
uplifted by divine stature
a constant sailing notion
navigating wherever
forever in motion
revising each and every ocean
yet venerably contented
advisedly attempting
as this redemptive world pleases


                    * * *

No comments: