Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2021

 

I'm dreaming again
about a perfect place
I'm hearing a sweet voice
seeing a beautiful face
I really love to see and hear
this other wondrous space
where everything is magic
where everything seems dear
what a blessing to find
that perfect uncrowded place
where simply everything
is brilliant and crystal clear
a place where nothing
is ever painful or tragic
some mystical heaven
where you are there with me
where love surrounds us
with its marvelous aura
a place where love empowers
everything we do and see
where each refreshing breath
fills us with supreme divinity
all the brilliant fauna
all the healing flora
exist with that same heavenly affinity
where sacred abounds in everything
including you and me
what a world we could live in
if only all our hearts
could wake to feel the same
what glory would emanate
from our very shining souls
if compassion and empathy
flooded this tragic world
like a welcome healing rain
there's a sudden overwhelming joy
in all these perfect dreams
seeking everlasting love
enveloping that perfect world
would surely feel the same
when splendid love and joy
call our honoured names
when poetry and songs
fill our craving minds
that ready special place
is what we want in kind
when you were there beside me
staring deep into each other's soul-filled eyes
all that pain and hurt we'd felt
simply disappeared and died
as that perfect celestial day
dissolved then somehow vanished
I strove to embrace and hold
all those feelings we had felt
I prayed that forever
I could keep them here
fastened to my needy heart
where I'd eternally feel
seeing them forever dear
clearly as a reflective crystal
that mystic pool of refreshing water
something God had made and conjured
for all of those whose hearts and souls are injured
for those of us whose lives exist in tatters
what a perfectly regal place
where only flawless love and joy
would ever truly matter
  

                  * * *

No comments: