Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2021


 

that first time
each breath
I saw you
each sigh
I thought
each smile
was a dream
each moment
you caught my eye
each laugh
I sought your mind
every soft dream
you saw me
each cherished emotion
a sky with deference
one we experienced
turned shimmering blue
completing who we were
changing deep purple
to exquisite true
those colours of the inquisitive sky
one's we still have yet
a glimmering experience
filling our exceptional lives
keeping our hopes
entreating encouraging dreams
to come creatively alive
insatiably just because
you were my muse and friend
then we two held hands
watching the trending sky
rearrange its marvelous colour
listening to our insistent hearts
striving for elusive love
once in a lifetime
perhaps once in eternity
love bestows a generous gift
reach out and take it
don't let it slip away
hold it close and embrace it
or we can throw it
into the divergent wind
carelessly watch it
emergently blow away
we can choose to be blind
or we can choose
to always see
first it seemed
a stringent parody
that mystic spirits sang
tunes with harmony and melody
lifting us both so high
whispering soft things
to both you and me
granting us joy and peace
nurturing the loving night
like a sweet lullaby
then gentle showers fell
cleansed we breathed a sigh
caressed by sudden shadows
parading through the challenging night
passion burst from the clouds
marking the changing sky
radiance lifted darkness into light
then the fading day meandered
flowing with streams of honey
sweetened with the nectar of our kisses
resurrected evening transpired
clouds spread sallow wings
emerging with sudden fury
my fallible heart cried out
aching for what I must have missed
I groped in that drowning darkness
searching that hopeless night for you
I wrestled with a cloaked dark stranger
desperately trying to cope
re-emerge from that optical dream
then as quickly as you fled
disappeared from my life
it seemed you again nestled
in my wanting open arms
holding you I gratefully breathed
seeing your courageous image
reflected in a advantageous mirror
it shone so clear
through that shimmering
I swear I could hear
your tender loving words
angel's amorous whisperings
commendable blessed singing
ringing in my amended ears
then you suddenly turned
quickly walked away
somehow that magic spell was broken
love somehow disappeared
just as I had feared
that last time I saw you
no goodbyes were ever spoken
darkness dared to venture
into that sullen day
aching memories filled the wretched air
ghostly spirits laughed
hovering there without a care
mingling with my long forgotten past
dissolving all our constructed dreams
into the solvent dust it seems
like roiling water
over the waterfall
I felt myself falling
saw myself crashing
dashed upon jagged rocks
all that calling love
I thought we had found
lay smashed and dying
I lay there too
trashed and unsound
sensing that I was finally crushed
finding myself broken
waking from a tragic dream
to find that I was crying



 

                  * * *

No comments: