Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2021


 

a song sparrow
comes to my garden
every summer day
that zen he sings
pierces my heart
straight as an arrow
not speaking pardon
his songs are sweet and gay
those cheerful melodies
he freely brings
refresh my soul
with his wondrous art
my little bird
comes to me
reminding me how
some things are right
while I work along the rows
glory reaches down
lifting my heart
every song I've heard
each one so glorious
perfect and magnificently free
carrying me through each precious day
into the magnanimous night
while I tend my cherished garden now
I wait for that sparrow's welcome return
sometimes glimpsing him in flight
so that is how my garden grows
nothing is separate or apart
that blessed little bird
like my sacred garden
replenishes divinity
in my elated mortal heart

 


                   * * *

No comments: