Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

 


in my wooden life
I find myself
playing vital notes
sometimes two or three
even four and five
accompanying my presumptuous life
performing familiar chords
like intimate words
describing myself
using punctuation
which undoubtedly denotes
my particularly distinct
sumptuously growing tree
a fluctuating rhythm
keeping me alive
a lively dance
with all the ladies
and the lords
a profound waltz
inscribed by me
I've broken into pieces
some separate part
for each new day
one token note
lifts me up
into the waking sky
the very next
I'm somewhere
far out
in the soaking sea
when I'm playing
a full wave of chords
it's the spoken key
describing me
I find myself
speaking notes
that sometimes
aren't all free
I'm leaving notes
some drawn on a wall
other singing notes
I'm leaving hanging
in the ringing air
bringing at times
those epic feelings
I'm like a caged bear
pacing back and forth
across a greasy floor
those unctuous notes
making bear fat ice cream
thinking too fat life
is full of strife
I just want
to escape hardship
find a path
that I can wander
where I'll be truly free
but that's a dream
I can only ponder
knowing full well
that time and circumstance
may never deliver
that ever precious
dancing key to me
beyond each stasis note
every chord I'm playing
far past equilibrium
those dominant songs
harmonizing in my heart and head
I know that ascendant life
is often upwardly singing
about the curving dead
so I always keep
walking as I'm praying
all those familiar vibrations
I'm always hearing and feeling
all those musical notes
constantly vibrating
through my brain and head
for posthumous now
in this sometimes humorous life
I assume I'm staying
one trying day
things will vie for change
maybe some crying day
I'll sigh when I wake
find I've woken deranged
I'll sound discordant
even though I'm playing
those once familiar notes
scribbled in familiar keys
I won't recognize myself
or those things I've said
my sky high dreams
may just become
nightmares
when I stir and wake
I may find myself
lost in the blithering dark
those times may be
where loathing will
find nobody
truly cares
there will be days and nights
when I'm completely
off the reframed mark
but still my untamed world
remains bright and leafy green
the night sky reminds me
that often I don't feel
anything but blue
at storied times
there is nothing
I can ever do
to make me see
where I've been
is an unworthy path I'm on
even though at times it is stark
when I'm feeling
quite lost
still at any cost
I have to remind myself
timely life is short
nothing ever lasts
in my selfish past
I've done what I can
sensing my deft refrains
often have been gifts
most fairly good
in my drifting dreams
I speak oaths to myself
do all those things
that maybe I never could
but dreams are dreams
sometimes there is no lifeboat
so I should continue
wearing my wooden coat
those notes that would resonate
leaving me eating pudding
knowing that I could float

                 * * *

No comments: